Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Que sera sera


So today was the follow up with the heart doctor.  Got the good news/bad news line from him.  MRI results are in...good news?  No scarring, which means there was no heart attack either time I was in the hospital.  The bad?  My enlarged heart is worse than they thought.  Healthy should be 5-5.5 cm, I'm at 7.5 cm.  Still have the arrhythmia.  My EF% is still 40. In a nutshell?  Mild heart weakness, moderate enlargement.  He wants to send me to another cardiologist in the group that specializes in cardiomyapathy...and more testing.  Another echo, another twenty-four hours on a Holter monitor...the good stuff.

I will not deny I'm am having a tough time staying positive.  This time last year I completed a 5K.  Now I'm allowed to slowly walk.  I can't irritate my heart anymore than it already is.  It could be worse...but this still stinks.  I'm so aware of my heart now...so conscience of its rhythm.  It's not a complaint so much as I just want healthy me back.  That's all.

Que sera sera, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment