Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Goodbye Summer...

Today is the first day of autumn.

Damn.

Has anyone noticed all the trees changing already?  I drive the back roads to work and there are shots of reds, yellows and oranges everywhere.  It's only September!

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  What's not to like?

Warm days, cool nights.  Apples and pumpkins.  Cider with carmel vodka (Try it.  Trust me.).  It's dragging out the hoodies and jeans, the Bearpaws and fleecies.  It's Saturday night firepits and friends.  It's the ending of NASCAR and baseball and the start of football.  It's crock pots and soups.  It's baking, baking and more baking. It's Halloween and costumes and candy.  And romance.  I was married Halloween night in 1997.



I'm glad it's only three months of the year.  It's counting down to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's closing out another year.  I try to enjoy it and not think of what comes after.

WINTER.

Enjoy this while it's here.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment